The best way to describe the AS-R 5 Carbon is this: 4.75 pound Yeti frame with five inches of travel. At this weight, it is lighter than many of the lightest crosscountry bikes on the market and it has the added versatility of being an amazing all-mountain rig.
So how did we pull off this incredible feat? We coupled our extensive carbon fiber experience with our award-winning, super-efficient, optimized Active Suspension (A.S.) design. And then we rode the snot out of the bike. Shook it on the test machine. Rode it more. And then repeated the process until it was perfect.
In the end, the bike exceeded our expectations for efficiency, light weight and incredible stiffness. We think it will exceed yours as well.
Weight: 4.75 lbs / 2.15 kg
Categ ory: XC / Trail
Sizes: XS, S, M, L
• High modulus, hand-laid carbon front and rear triangle
• Tapered head tube (1-1/8” – 1-1/2”)
• Internal cable routing on swing arm
• Dropper seat post cable guides
• Yeti Chip System-compatible (10mm x 135mm or 12mm x 142mm)
• Titanium hardware
• Very efficient when climbing and descending
• Active when descending
• Stiffer in mid-stroke of the shock, so you “feel” the trail more
• 68 degree headtube with 120 mm fork
• 13’’ / 330 mm bottom bracket height
• 16.9’’ / 429 mm chain stays
|Frame Only Build:||$3400|
|ASR-5C With Enduro Build:||$5577|
|ASR5C With Trail SLX (Fox 32) Build:||$5135|
|ASR-5C With Race XT (Fox 32) Build:||$6802|
|ASR-5C With Race XX1 (Fox 32) Build:||$7998|
|ASR-5C With Pro XTR (Fox32) Build:||$8840|